Yes, you can. There are two types of auto insurance that you need to have on your own policy. The first one is Personal Injury Protection, that’s also called PIP, and that pays for your medical bills. If you’re in a car wreck with a bike and somebody hits you and you have medical bills, your own insurance company will pay for that. It doesn’t increase your rates, which is a really nice thing, and it’s better than health insurance.The other one is Under-insured Motorist or Uninsured Motorist, it’s really the same thing. It steps in if the person that caused you the injury has no insurance or not enough. Unfortunately, with bike collisions, sometimes the injuries are just profound. They’re really big, and people don’t have enough insurance. You need to have your own that will step in and protect you in the event that the worst happens.