Well it all depends. Usually if you’re suffering a catastrophic injury as a result of an automobile collision, there will be two different auto insurance policies involved, two different companies involved. The first will be the person who caused the injury and harmed you. You do not have to give a recorded statement to them, and you never, ever should. You shouldn’t be talking to them actually. You should contact a lawyer and have them help you navigate all of that. The other insurance company would be your own insurance company, who under certain circumstances will get involved. Sometimes you do have to cooperate with them and do a statement, but again, you need to contact a lawyer and have them help you with that. If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury please contact us because we can help you navigate all of the insurance companies and all of the different coverages available to get compensation.