Can a Washington pedestrian accident victim still make a claim when crossing the street without a crosswalk?

Under Washington law a crosswalk exists at every intersection of every street whether it’s marked with white lines or not. Before you decide whether or not you are in a crosswalk, you should speak to an attorney that’s experience in handling crosswalk cases. You may find that your rights are better than you think they are.

Do I have a pedestrian accident claim after being hit by an uninsured motorist?

You do if the other person was at fault. If their negligence caused your injury you have a claim, regardless of whether they have insurance coverage or not. Hopefully you have UIM insurance, Uninsured Motorist or Under-Insured Motorist, that will step into the shoes of that person’s insurance that they don’t have. That will compensate you. There also may be other ways to get coverage, perhaps that person was driving for an employer. Perhaps the car had insurance even though the driver did not. It’s really kind of a complicated situation and that’s why you need a lawyer. Contact us, we’ll take a look at your case. We’ll figure out where we can find compensation for you and we’ll represent you and fight for your rights.

Do I need to retain an attorney in after a Washington pedestrian accident?

We’ve done a lot of pedestrian cases. We’ve represented a lot of people who were injured while they were walking or running and they were struck by a car. It’s important to hire an attorney to represent you because they act as the gatekeeper with the insurance companies. What we do for our clients is we fight for their rights by making sure that the insurance companies deal only with us. We search to find all of the available insurance coverage, we represent you on all of that to make sure that your medical bills get paid, that you get the medical care that you need, and that you get the maximum recovery that you possibly can get. It’s really important to get an attorney as soon as possible.

How quickly should I contact an attorney in a Washington pedestrian accident case?

If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian collision, the sooner you contact an attorney the better off you’ll be. The insurance company for the at-fault driver will be contacting you and only by hiring an attorney to fight for you will your rights be fully protected.

I want to see a specialist after my pedestrian accident. Do I have to pay any co-pays or deductibles to see the doctor?

If you have Personal Injury Protection insurance, which is also known as PIP, on your own automobile policy, then you don’t have to. It’s a wonderful insurance coverage and I really hope that you have it. One of the things that we do as lawyers is we navigate the insurance part for our clients and we help them see what type of coverage is there. If you have PIP insurance, there’s no copay, there’s no deductible, there’s no preauthorization requirement. You pick the doctor, you go get your treatment and the insurance company pays for it.If you call me, I will help you navigate through that, figure out what you’re entitled to so that you can get the medical care you need.