I fell at a Washington business and the manager wants me to fill out some paperwork known as an incident report. What should I do?

You should probably fill it out. The reason for that is you want to make sure that the business knows you were injured. You want to report it, the time that you got injured. You want to do it that day, not later if possible. You want to make sure that they have paperwork on this. You should get a copy. Obviously, first and foremost tell the truth. Make sure that everything that you say is accurate. Make sure that you get a copy of it, and also make sure that you get that person’s business card or their name. Unfortunately, businesses often lose paperwork or they can’t find it or something happens to it, so it’s important that you do that, but that you have your own copy. We’ve done these cases for years, they’re tricky cases, but if you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you’re entitled to compensation. Call us and see if we can help you.

I was injured on someone else’s property. What should I do?

While the most important thing is to report it. You want to report it as soon as possible after you’ve been injured. Tell the person or the business what happened. If they ask you to fill out a report, it’s okay to do that as long as everything that you say is true and accurate, and make sure you get a copy of it. Take down the name or get a business card of every person that you talk to at that place of business or at that home, and then take photographs. I want you to take photographs of where you were injured, how it happened, do that as soon as possible. It’s important that you document that you were injured there, that you let them know who you are, and that you find out who to talk to. Then, call me because I can help you. We’ve represented people like this for years. These cases are really tough. You need a lawyer sooner rather than later.

Should I take photographs of my injuries and the accident scene?

If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, the most important thing you can do is take photographs of the scene where it happened. Those will be crucial to you and your lawyer when you go to prove your claim against the store or restaurant where you were injured.

What compensation am I entitled to for a slip and fall injury in Washington?

You’re entitled to your medical bills. You’re entitled to all of the medical bills that you’ve had as a result of being injured, as well as the medical bills you might need in the future, as a result of your injuries. Same is true for wage loss. You’re entitled to past and future wage loss. You’re entitled to any other incidentals that might pop up, things that it cost you money because you were injured, or things that will cost you money in the future, or that you lost money on.Then the big thing is, pain and suffering, also known as general damages. That’s really the difference. The difference between before and after are the things you can’t do as easily now, or can’t do at all now. How bad was the pain, how long did it last, how inconvenient was it, that goes into the big bundle of pain and suffering damages. It’s not an exact science, but we can put a number on that. We can help you, we can present your claim, and we can fight for your rights.

What should I look for in hiring an attorney to represent me in my Washington slip and fall case?

Well, experience and competence certainly are very important. You want to make sure that the person that you’re hiring is experienced, that they’ve done cases like this before both with the type of injury that you have and with the way you were injured. These are tough cases and not all lawyers can do them or have experience. We’ve done a lot of them over the years, and we actually enjoy doing them, and do very well at them.You need to hire somebody who is not going to be just your attorney for the very beginning and when the going gets tough, they leave you. You want somebody who’s there for the very end. That they’ll start at the beginning. They’ll help you all the way through, and they’ll try your case if they need to.Then I think you need somebody that you like, that you respect that will treat you well, that listens to you. How do they act when they talk to you on the phone? How do they act at that first meeting? Does it feel right? Are they listening to you? Will they be the ones handling your case, not someone else they sent it out to?