Yes, you can get a copy of your file from your lawyer. Go ahead and ask in writing, that way you’ll have proof that you did that, and ask them to give you a copy. Just give them enough time to put a copy together, but you’re always entitled to that, even if you fire your lawyer and go hire someone else. You are always entitled to a copy of your file.