Under Washington law, the state, or the county, or the city is responsible for any injuries that are caused by defective roadways, whether it’s to motorcycles, bicycles, or automobiles. This is a specialized area of the law however, and before you pursue such a claim, you should talk to an attorney that has experience in road defect cases.