Unfortunately, this happens more than you might think, even though insurance is required in Washington. What you need to do is you need to purchase UIM insurance, which is called Underinsured Motorist or Uninsured Motorist. It’s a type of coverage that you purchase from your automobile insurance agent. Buy as much of that as you can. I’ll say that again. Buy as much of that as you can, because it will protect you if the person who hit you had no insurance or not enough insurance. Your premiums won’t go up, but you’ll be really glad that you had that insurance.